There are hundreds of organised races and sporting challenges each year all over Ireland and around the world to participate in. Whether it’s a mini-marathon, a half-marathon or a full marathon, a triathlon, a mountain climb, a skydive, a kayak, a cycle or a walk we would love to have you represent Aware.
Skydive for Aware with Skydive Ireland
This exciting 10,000ft Skydive Challenge involves fundraising a minimum target of €480. The cost of your Skydive €240 is deducted and the other €240 plus all additional funds raised are donated to Aware. Register here to Skydive for Aware
Trek for Aware
Join a fully supported trek for Aware to locations: Kilimanjaro, Machu Picchu or Everest Base Camp. Trek packages are organised by Earth’s Edge. Be inspired by one person’s experience of reaching the summit of Kilmanjaro. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
If you are taking part in any challenge for Aware don’t forget to request your fundraising pack from email@example.com. This will contain:
- Aware T-shirt
- Fundraising materials
- Letters of permission to fundraise for Aware
- Sponsorship forms and fundraising guides.
Aware have partnered with My Charity.ie and JustGiving to make fundraising as easy as possible for our supporters. This is a safe and secure online site to set up details of your event and manage donations from your friends and family. If you need assistance setting up your page just email firstname.lastname@example.org
Training Support for Running Events
- You can view the Bupa Training Programme which details how to prepare for a 10K run over 8 weeks.
- For tips on nutrition, pacing and lots more the Dublin City Marathon training page is well worth a look.
- Use Google MapMy Run to mark and track your route for training. You can calculate the distance travelled, calories burned and the topography of your route.