To mark this week, May 13th-19th, Aware would like to acknowledge the amazing efforts of all our volunteers throughout the country, who put so much effort and energy into our services and fundraising ventures.
Here’s a sense of how much time our volunteers give to Aware each year:
- Helpline Volunteers – 6,000 hours
- Email Support Volunteers – 1,080 hours
- Online Support Volunteers – 2,500 hours
- National Support Group Volunteers – 4,600 hours
- Lecture Support Volunteers – 72 hours
- Fundraising Volunteers – every single day of the year a person is fundraising for Aware somewhere in Ireland – that’s over 8760 hours a year!
Here’s what some of our volunteers have to say about volunteering:
“If you are happy in life and want to stay that way then do something that you love, in such a way that it helps many in your community and society. This knowing that you make a powerful and positive difference to a lot of people will cause you to feel even greater, for longer. Inspiring others to understand their innate and intrinsic value reminds us of our own innate and intrinsic value. It’s a win-win deal.” Ronan
“One of the best things I have ever done with my life is to volunteer for Aware.
Depression is such an unseen yet all encompassing condition that can make a person feel
very alone. Aware is there to shine a light and give hope that tomorrow can be better.” Dee
“A chance to make a real difference by getting involved in a meaningful way with people who deserve all the support going. You’ll blossom in the process….honestly.” Roger
There are lots of ways to donate your time to make a real difference to Aware. If you’d like to get involved please email: firstname.lastname@example.org