Month: August 2014
Speaker: Dr. Martina Corry, Consultant Psychiatrist, St. Patrick’s University Hospital
Topic: Depression – Successful Recovery
Summary: Dr. Corry clarifies the points listed below.
- What depression is not.
- The symptoms of depression outlined in DSM V.
- The difference between biological and non-biological depression & interventions.
- ‘How common is a moderate depressive episode?’
- Factors that feed into the risk of developing a depressive disorder.
- The economics of depression.
- The road to recovery and the ‘Do’s and Don’ts’ of recovery
- The ‘Do’s and Don’ts’ for family members.
- ‘Whats new”?’ in the area of research on biological depression.
- Advances in psychological research.
- A study on web-based guided self-help.
Aware lectures are provided free of charge and all are welcome to attend. Lectures take place the second Wednesday of every month at the Lecture Theatre, Swift Centre, St. Patrick’s Hospital, James’s St., Dublin 8.
Lectures start at 7.30pm however we advise that you arrive 15 minutes early to ensure you are seated comfortably. Paid parking is available in the St. Patrick’s Hospital car park (entrance via Steeven’s Lane); alternatively, take the Luas (red line) to Heuston Station and walk (map to St. Patrick’s Hospital).