Aware has lots of interesting information, support and positive mental health options that you can avail of in 2016. Take a look and put some dates in your diary.
- The 2016 lecture series commences Wednesday, January 13th. Dr Gary O’Reilly, Clinical Psychologist and Conall Tunney, PhD Candidate will present “Can computer games/apps support good mental health in children? ”. This lecture will be available online on Aware’s YouTube channel.
- Registration will open online at 4pm on Monday, January 18th for a free, 8 week – volunteer supported, online CBT programme.
- 23 free, CBT based group programmes will commence the first week in February in counties: Cork, Louth, Dublin, Galway, Kerry, Kildare, Kilkenny, Donegal, Limerick, Mayo, Westmeath, Laois, Sligo, Waterford and Wexford. Apply now online for your preferred venue.
- Check out Aware’s free positive mental health programmes for teenagers. Request a Beat the Blues talk for transition year students or tell young people about our online programme for 15-18 year olds.
- Request a Wellness@Work programme for your team of managers and employees. Aware offers a suite of workplace wellness programmes to respond to the increased need for mental health awareness and resilience development within the workplace.
- Aware is now recruiting volunteers to resource our support services in 2016. Training will commence in January & February. No prior experience is required. Full training is provided. Apply now online.
- During the week January 18-22nd Aware will host a series of events in key locations nationwide as part of Depression Awareness Week Nationwide (DAWN). Locations include Cork, Galway, Wexford and Sligo.
- Fundraise for Aware by taking part in the charity cycle from Malin to Mizen May 28th- June 4th
Aware will continue to offer free CBT based programmes, information lectures and positive mental health programmes as well as our core support services: Support Line, Support Mail and Support Groups throughout 2016.
To keep up to date with Aware news and events please follow us on Facebook or Twitter