Free Two Day Training Course in Galway: Mental Health First Aid
Aware is delighted to offer 15 free places for the upcoming Mental Health Ireland Training course taking place in Galway on Monday the 16th and Tuesday the 17th of October.
This an excellent opportunity to avail of a course which is usually priced at €300 but is available for a limited time free of charge. We have received very positive feedback from Aware staff and volunteers who have attended the course.
Date: Mon 16th & Tues 17th October 2017
Location: The Connacht Hotel, Dublin Rd., Galway (Map)
Time: 9:00 am to 5:00pm
Light lunch will be provided
What will I learn?
The two day training course results in attendees receiving a MHFA Manual and Certificate of Completion and covers the following.
- What is mental health?
- Substance misuse
In each section you'll learn how to:
- Recognize the early signs of a mental health problem
- Feel more confident helping others
- Provide help on a first aid basis
- Help prevent someone from hurting themselves or others
- Help stop a mental health problem from getting worse
- Help someone recover faster
- Guide someone towards the right support
- Help reduce the stigma of mental health problems
Places are being offered on a first come basis.
Places are limited so please only register if fully committed to attending