Aware is asking people throughout Ireland to support its annual National Flagship Fundraiser which takes place nationwide this Thursday, Friday and Saturday (26-28th Sept). You can support in the following ways:
Look out for and support local volunteers on the street and in shopping centres:
- Support Aware bagpacks in Tesco stores
- Donate at Topaz sites – look out for the Aware canister at cash point or have a car wash at participating sites on Friday 27th and €2 will go to Aware
- Make an online donation
- Text AWARE to 50300 to make a €2 donation
All funds raised go towards the maintenance and development of Aware’s nationwide services:
- Support Groups in 50 locations – on average 300 people attend each month
- LoCall Helpline open 365 days a year – on average we respond to 1177 calls per month
- Email support service – on average we support 180 emails per month
- Life Skills programmes based on cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) – 2,000+ participants have attended our group programme
- Beat the Blues secondary schools positive mental health programme – over 40,000+ students have received this programme
Aware relies on events like this and the generous support of Irish people for 90% of its annual funding.
“So many people across the country are aware of the impact of depression, especially in these challenging times, and Aware is making a real difference by providing free, accessible supports. Thanks to funds raised in 2012, one of the developments in Aware this year was the launch of a new online programme based on principles of cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) and so far over 400 people have completed this free programme. Every contribution we receive helps Aware to make a real difference in someone’s life.”
Amo Sayed, Head of Business Development and Fundraising with Aware
Thank you to everyone who is volunteering and supporting this event!