A massive thank you to all the school students and their teachers; the volunteer collectors in every corner of the country; the Tesco staff and customers who supported our bag packs; all in Topaz who supported station initiatives nationwide, and the thousands of people who raised funds in their workplace or donated via text or online to help Aware’s work this year.
Together so far we have raised €78,500 for Aware’s support, education and information services.
More funds from this campaign are coming in daily.
How we help others:
- Aware support groups meet in 48 locations nationwide. These groups are facilitated by over 200 trained volunteers
- An average of 1200 calls to our Helpline each month are answered by our 90+ volunteers .
- 25+ volunteers respond to approx. 180 email support requests every month.
- Over 2000 people have participated in our new CBT-based, Life Skills Group programme since it first launched in April 2012.
- 40,403 senior cycle students have received our positive mental health programme, ‘Beat the Blues’ in the last academic year.
- 400 people have participated in our new Life Skills Online programme since its launch in June 2013 and we hope to facilitate another 250 people before the end of this year.
View more information on Aware’s support services.
What is Aware’s national flagship fundraiser?
Aware’s national flagship fundraiser is the organisation’s largest annual fundraising event each year. It is the one nationwide collection that Aware holds and as well as raising funds for the vital work of the charity, it also helps to create awareness of the free and effective services available to individuals, families and communities impacted by depression. Money raised from the event each year goes to Aware’s much-needed support, information and education services.