This webinar Managing our mental health while being a long way from home speaks to some of the experiences of migrants and refugees living in Ireland. Looking at some of the challenges faced, the complexity of the experiences when you’re far from home whether by choice or not. There can be feelings of guilt, anger, sadness, loss and grief for many while there can also be moments of happiness and joy. The variety of emotions can sometimes conflict with one another, leaving us unsure where to go from here. This webinars looks at ways we can support ourselves and perhaps support others who are a long way from home.
- Emilia Marchelewska, Health Advocacy Officer, Cairde
- Kateryna Chudnenko, Ukrainian Psychotherapist residing in Ireland
- Stephen McBride, Director of Services at Aware and Chartered Counselling Psychologist & Group Psychotherapist
If you would like to learn more about different topics related to mental health, did you know Aware’s webinars take place every month? You can even sign up to get a reminder each month to register your place on the next webinar. Click below to find out more.
Resources mentioned in Managing our mental health while being a long way from home webinar:
- Cairde – working to tackle health inequalities among ethnic minority communities in Ireland >>
- Aware – Ukrainian Support Groups >>
- HealthConnect – multilingual web-app with information on accessing health services in Ireland >>
- Cairde – Mental Health Guide & Directory for Ethnic Minorities in Ireland >>
Check out the full back catalogue of videos on