This webinar Mindfulness: What is it and how can it help? starts with a short mindfulness exercise, to set the scene for what mindfulness is. Padraig breaks down the steps he took in the exercise to help us better understand how to integrate mindfulness into our everyday lives. This webinar discusses the benefits of mindfulness and ways we can be mindful day-to-day. It also looks at the impact that rumination can have on us, and how mindfulness can help us combat it. It discusses how as humans we are almost designed to criticise ourselves, mindfulness can aid us in becoming more kind and compassionate towards ourselves.
- Padraig O’Morain, Mindfulness Teacher & Author
- Stephen McBride, Director of Services at Aware and Chartered Counselling Psychologist & Group Psychotherapist
If you would like to learn more about different topics related to mental health, did you know Aware’s webinars take place every month? You can even sign up to get a reminder each month to register your place on the next webinar. Click below to find out more.
Resources mentioned in Mindfulness: What is it and how can it help? webinar:
- Website: Free mindfulness resources available from Padraig’s website >>
- Book: Viktor Frankl – Man’s Search for Meaning >>
- Free Support: Aware Support & Self Care Groups >> for people seeking support with their experience of depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder and related mood conditions
Check out the full back catalogue of videos on