This webinar The impact of alcohol on our mental health looks at developing awareness of our level of alcohol consumption. Media coverage of alcohol misuse, often only shows the extreme examples only, which can then influence our opinion of addiction. People who experience mental health difficulties may find that alcohol can impact on mood, health, sleep and medication. Alcohol consumption can lead to distance created from loved ones, whereas recovery in alcohol is rooted in connection. The webinar touches on the likelihood of alcohol dependence, early exposure to alcohol misuse, how parents can support their children, how we process alcohol in our bodies and how we address concerns we might have for a loved one.
- Stephen Rowen, Addiction Therapist, Facilitator & Lecturer
- Stephen McBride, Director of Services at Aware and Chartered Counselling Psychologist & Group Psychotherapist
If you would like to learn more about different topics related to mental health, did you know Aware’s webinars take place every month? You can even sign up to get a reminder each month to register your place on the next webinar. Click below to find out more.
Resources mentioned in The impact of alcohol on our mental health webinar:
- Aware Support & Self Care Groups >> for people seeking support with their experience of depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder and related mood conditions
- Alcoholics Anonymous >> for people to share their experience, strength and hope with each other to recover from alcoholism
- Dr. Gabor Maté TEDxTalk on YouTube>> The Power of Addiction and The Addiction of Power
Check out the full back catalogue of videos on