In conversation, exploring topics to include;
- Understanding the distinction between grief and depression
- Grieving, a key component of the healing process
- Supporting children in a grieving family
Panel of contributors to include:
- Stephen McBride, Director of Services at Aware. He is passionate about the development and delivery of excellent support, education and information services for people experiencing depression, bipolar disorder and other mood related conditions. Stephen is a chartered counselling psychologist and group psychotherapist.
- Maura Keating, Irish Childhood Bereavement Network (ICBN) Coordinator at Irish Hospice Foundation. The ICBN is a hub for those working with bereaved children, young people and their families. They work to advance services, education, training and advocacy for bereaved children in Ireland, and those who support them.
- Breffni McGuinness, National Bereavement Development Specialist at Irish Hospice Foundation. His special interests are in coping with hidden losses and the use of creativity in working with people who are grieving. He has published a number of articles on bereavement and has developed resources for workplaces on bereavement policies and supporting staff who are bereaved.
Check out the full back catalogue of videos on