This webinar titled How depression and bipolar disorder can impact on relationship challenges looked at relationships and the challenges that can sometimes arise due to the impact of depression or bipolar disorder.
- Paul Mulcahy, Psychotherapist at MyMind
- Trish Murphy, Psychotherapist & Acting Director, Student Counselling, Trinity College
- Dr Claire Hayes, Clinical Director at Aware & Consultant Clinical Psychologist
If you would like to learn more about different topics related to mental health, did you know Aware’s webinars take place every month? You can even sign up to get a reminder each month to register your place on the next webinar. Click below to find out more.
Resources mentioned in the How depression and bipolar disorder can impact on relationship challenges webinar:
- Aware’s Relatives & Friends Programme >>
- Attached (Paul’s book recommendation) >>
- John Gottman’s Research and approach to couple’s counselling was referenced.
Read blog posts from the Gottman Institute on relationships >>
- Coping sentence – A.B.C.
Acknowledge (I feel under pressure)
Because (I think I am letting someone down)
Choose (I choose to ask for support)
- MyMind – Free counselling project >>
- MyMind provides one to one counselling & offers a sliding payscale to clients according to their situation >>
Check out the full back catalogue of videos on