This webinar Issues concerning young people, focusing on mental health looks at key concerns for young people at the moment, how we can work together to reduce the stigma young people face, the role of social media and addiction, alongside the situation facing young people leaving care and some helpful tips for parents when supporting their children, finishing with a focus on hopes for the future of young people.
- Dr Cian Ahern, Chartered Clinical Psychologist & Clinical Manager at Jigsaw
- Ian Power, CEO of SpunOut & 50808
- Órfhlaith McLoughlin, Chartered Counselling Psychologist & Deputy Head of Counselling, UL
- Stephen McBride, Director of Services at Aware and Chartered Counselling Psychologist & Group Psychotherapist
If you would like to learn more about different topics related to mental health, did you know Aware’s webinars take place every month? You can even sign up to get a reminder each month to register your place on the next webinar. Click below to find out more.
Resources mentioned in Issues concerning young people, focusing on mental health webinar:
- Jigsaw, The National Centre for Youth Mental Health >>
- SpunOut.ie, Ireland’s youth wellbeing information website by young people for young people >>
- 50808, a free messaging service for young people in mental health crisis >>
- Psychological Counsellors in Higher Education Ireland >>
- My World Survey – The National Study of Youth Mental Health in Ireland >>
- Looking After Yourself: Self Help Resources for Mental Health >>
Check out the full back catalogue of videos on