Aware volunteers share their experience
To volunteer with Aware's Support & Self Care Groups, you must be:
- Over 25 years of age
- Available for three hours once a week
- Fluent at written and spoken English
- Comfortable speaking in a group setting
Support & Self Care Group Volunteers offer a space where people can talk openly with peers, in a group setting and explore the helpful options available.
It is essential before you apply that you follow these steps:
- Inform yourself about Aware and its services, particularly Support & Self Care Groups
Thank you for your interest in volunteering.
We are not currently seeking
Support & Self Care Group volunteers.
Click below to leave your email address, and Aware will get in touch the next time recruitment opens.
Volunteering at Aware
At Aware we believe equality and diversity are central to our success. We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and cultures.
Volunteers are a valuable and vital resource without which Aware could not provide its services. Volunteers are encouraged to get involved at all levels of the organisation. They bring a unique and valuable perspective that enrich the services we offer.
Things to consider when applying to volunteer for Aware
In the interests of your self care and acknowledging the commitment required for this role please check through this list and consider your availability to commit to the volunteering role before applying.
- Have you got time to fulfil your commitment to this role?
- Do you find that you carry others’ concerns with you?
- Do you volunteer in a similar role with another organisation?
- Have you recently come through a trauma or bereavement?
Questions that applicants can expect to be asked during phone interviews
- What do you know about Aware?
- Can you tell me about the services Aware provides?
- What is your understanding of depression and bipolar disorder?
- Are you free to commit to a minimum of 18 months following training?
- Why do you think your commitment is important to the people who use our services?
If you’re interested in volunteering and have any additional queries, please