Aware volunteers share their experience
To volunteer with Aware's Support & Self Care Groups, you must be:
- Over 25 years of age
- Available for three hours once a week
- Available to make a commitment of 18 months
- Fluent at written and spoken English
- Comfortable speaking in a group setting
- Comfortable navigating online platforms and have a reliable internet connection
Support & Self Care Group Volunteers offer a space where people can talk openly with peers, in a group setting and explore the helpful options available.
It is essential before you apply that you follow these steps:
- Inform yourself about Aware and its services, particularly Support & Self Care Groups
- Read through the support group volunteer role description
- Read Aware’s Volunteer Statement of Commitment and consider it carefully
- Only apply for your preferred service. If appropriate, you will be recommended to a different service opportunity during the recruitment process.
- We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and cultures. Read Aware’s equality and diversity policy.
- Volunteers are a valuable and vital resource without which Aware could not provide its services. Read Aware’s volunteer policy.
We are currently seeking Support & Self Care Group volunteers.
Please click the link below to apply today.
Volunteering at Aware
Things to consider when applying to volunteer for Aware
In the interests of your self care and acknowledging the commitment required for this role please check through this list and consider your availability to commit to the volunteering role before applying.
- Have you got time to fulfil your commitment to this role?
- Do you find that you carry others’ concerns with you?
- Do you volunteer in a similar role with another organisation?
- Have you recently come through a trauma or bereavement?
Questions that applicants can expect to be asked during phone interviews
- What do you know about Aware?
- Can you tell me about the services Aware provides?
- What is your understanding of depression and bipolar disorder?
- Are you free to commit to a minimum of 18 months following training?
- Why do you think your commitment is important to the people who use our services?
If you’re interested in volunteering and have any additional queries, please