Aware volunteers share their experience
To volunteer on Aware's Support Line, you must be:
- Over 25 years of age
- Available for three hours once a week
- Available to make a commitment of 18 months
- Fluent at written and spoken English
- Comfortable speaking on the phone
- Confident using technology and have reliable broadband (essential)
Support Line Volunteers offer a space where people can talk through concerns and explore the helpful options available to them through a phone call.
It is essential before you apply that you follow these steps:
- Inform yourself about Aware and its services, particularly Support Line
- Read through the Support Line volunteer role description
- Read Aware’s Volunteer Statement of Commitment and consider it carefully
- Only apply for your preferred service. If appropriate, you will be recommended to a different service opportunity during the recruitment process.
- We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and cultures. Read Aware’s equality and diversity policy.
- Volunteers are a valuable and vital resource without which Aware could not provide its services. Read Aware’s volunteer policy.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering.
We are not currently seeking Support Line volunteers.
Click below to leave your email address, and Aware will get in touch the next time recruitment opens.
Volunteering at Aware
Things to consider when applying to volunteer for Aware
In the interests of your self care and acknowledging the commitment required for this role please check through this list and consider your availability to commit to the volunteering role before applying.
- Have you got time to fulfil your commitment to this role?
- Do you find that you carry others’ concerns with you?
- Do you volunteer in a similar role with another organisation?
- Have you recently come through a trauma or bereavement?
Questions that applicants can expect to be asked during phone interviews
- What do you know about Aware?
- Can you tell me about the services Aware provides?
- What is your understanding of depression and bipolar disorder?
- Are you free to commit to a minimum of 18 months following training?
- Why do you think your commitment is important to the people who use our services?
If you’re interested in volunteering and have any additional queries, please