Aware’s Support Line service is currently supported Monday - Sunday, 10am to 10pm.
The Support Line is available nationwide via free phone 1800 80 48 48 however volunteers support on location from the Dublin office, in addition we are planning a Kilkenny location. To volunteer with this service it’s necessary that you live within commuting distance of Dublin or Kilkenny city and that you are over 25 years of age.
It is essential before you apply that you
- Read Aware’s Volunteer Statement of Commitment and consider it carefully
- Read through the support line volunteer role description
- Inform yourself about Aware and its services prior to applying, as this will be discussed in detail in the interview for each role
- Only apply for your preferred service. If appropriate, you will be recommended to a different service opportunity during the recruitment process.
At Aware we believe equality and diversity are central to our success in delivering services that are accessible and appropriate to all who can benefit from them. We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and cultures.
Things to consider when applying for a volunteer role with Aware services.
In the interests of your self care and acknowledging the commitment required for this role please check through this list and consider your availability to commit to the volunteering role before applying.
- Do you work full-time?
- Will taking on this role adversely affect your close relationships?
- Have you recently come through a trauma or bereavement?
- Do you find that you carry others’ concerns with you?
- Are you within commuting distance of Dublin city centre?
- Do you have your own transport or access to public transport?
- Do you volunteer in a similar role with another organisation?
- Have you got time to fulfil your commitment to this role?
Questions that applicants can expect to be asked during phone interviews.
- What do you know about Aware?
- Can you tell me about the services Aware provides?
- What is your understanding of depression and bipolar disorder?
- Are you free to commit to a minimum of 18 months following training?
- Why do you think your commitment is important to the people who use our services?
Further information about Support Line - what it is, how it works and what to expect.