If you wish to volunter on Aware's Support Line, you must be:
- Over 25 years of age
- Able to commute to Dublin city centre
- Available for three hours once a week
- Fluent at written and spoken English
- Comfortable speaking on the phone
Please note the Aware head office is in a protected Georgian building and so unfortunately is not wheelchair accessible.
It is essential before you apply that you follow these steps:
- Inform yourself about Aware and its services, particularly Support Line
- Read through the support line volunteer role description
- Read Aware’s Volunteer Statement of Commitment and consider it carefully
- Only apply for your preferred service. If appropriate, you will be recommended to a different service opportunity during the recruitment process.
At Aware we believe equality and diversity are central to our success. We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and cultures.
Things to consider when applying for a volunteer role with Aware services.
In the interests of your self care and acknowledging the commitment required for this role please check through this list and consider your availability to commit to the volunteering role before applying.
- Have you got time to fulfil your commitment to this role?
- Do you find that you carry others’ concerns with you?
- Do you volunteer in a similar role with another organisation?
- Have you recently come through a trauma or bereavement?
Questions that applicants can expect to be asked during phone interviews.
- What do you know about Aware?
- Can you tell me about the services Aware provides?
- What is your understanding of depression and bipolar disorder?
- Are you free to commit to a minimum of 18 months following training?
- Why do you think your commitment is important to the people who use our services?
Here is what one of our volunteers have to say about their experience supporting the people in our communities who need Aware services...
"I've been through turbulent times myself in life, so my mantra is, there's no better way to help yourself than to help others!"
Jane, Support Line Volunteer
If you're interested in volunteering and have any additional queries, please talk to Emma on email@example.com or call her on 01 237 4926.