Month: May 2015
Speaker: Dr Tony Bates, Clinical Psychologist and Author
Topic: Young people in search of mental health
Summary: Dr Tony Bates talks about
- Why he is now working with young people aged 12-25.
- Why Headstrong was set up to support young people.
- Headstrong research findings: the availability or absence of one good adult is a key indicator when assessing ability to cope or risk of suicidal behaviour in young people.
- Accessing child services in Ireland
- Labels – problematic yet a requirement for treatment
- Jigsaw projects and portals
- The experience of young people who access Jigsaw projects